Introduction to Cruise Tech Gadgets
Almost everyone has become more tech-savvy over the past few years, and we now take all kinds of gadgets with us whenever we travel. We are increasingly being encouraged to do this by the cruise lines with their apps and other onboard technology, which have now become a big part of cruising.
Some folks don’t do tech and don’t have a smartphone or bags full of tech when they cruise, and this is fine, but having them can make your cruise experience so much better, save you money and get the best restaurant times by booking activities through the cruise app or online portal. If you are into cruising tech, here are some of our favourite travel gadgets that could enhance your cruise experience.
In this post, you’ll find 20 of our favourite cruise tech travel gadgets and tech accessories that might be a great addition to your cruise packing list!
Amazon Prime Free Trial
Don’t have Amazon Prime? Amazon Prime has many benefits, including faster, free delivery, movies and TV shows (Prime TV), and even borrowing Kindle books. If you don’t already have Amazon Prime, check out the FREE 30-day trial
Table of Contents
Electronics & Cable Organizer Case
The BagSmart electronics & Cable organizer is an absolute favourite of ours. This clever little device lets you keep your SD Cards, chargers, cables and wires organized conveniently in one place. Its handy size means you can easily pop this into your suitcase or carry-on with no problem. Always at the top of our packing list.
Recommended: Electronics cable organizer case (see colour options & Amazon reviews here)
Hands-Free Phone Holder
This little gadget is perfect for flights and ensures you don’t keep dropping your phone. We have all done that, and what a performance it is to recover it. No more crawling around the floor! This Universal In-Flight phone holder is another of our go-to travel gadgets with multiple uses to prop up your phone at home and even in your cruise cabin.
Kindle Oasis or Other E-Reader
An E Reader or Kindle is an essential tech item for the avid reader to take on a cruise. This Kindle is waterproof, so it can be used while relaxing by the pool or in the hot tub on the Lido deck! A great way to save space in your luggage is by allowing you to bring multiple books in one single device. Check out the reviews; they are amazing.
The displayed Kindle Oasis is bundled with a beautiful leather cover and power adapter. However, you can see other options as well.
- Includes the latest Kindle Oasis with Special Offers, 8 GB, Wi-Fi, Graphite, Amazon Leather Cover (Merlot), and Power Adapter.
- Our best 7", 300ppi flush-front Paperwhite display.
- Adjustable warm light to shift screen shade from white to amber.
- Waterproof (IPX8) so you can read in the bath or by the pool.
- Thin and light ergonomic design with page turn buttons.
Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
The tiny little gadgets are the perfect accompaniment for your smartphone or tablet when you want to enjoy listening to your music without bothering your fellow travellers. Take some wireless earbuds, whether you’re working out in the gym or listening to your favourite music by the pool deck. These are inexpensive, and the sound is superb, which makes them the perfect gadget to take on a cruise.
Recommended: Bluetooth wireless earbuds (see price & 4.5* Amazon reviews here)
When it comes to travelling, losing your luggage or other essential belongings can be a major source of stress. That’s why Airtags are a game-changer for anyone who wants to travel with peace of mind.
These small, lightweight tracking devices can be attached to your luggage, backpack, or even your passport, allowing you to keep track of your belongings at all times. One of the biggest benefits of using Airtags for travelling is the added security they provide. With Airtags, you can rest easy knowing that you’ll be able to locate your lost items quickly and easily, no matter where you are in the world.
Whether you accidentally leave your luggage behind in a taxi or your backpack gets stolen while you’re exploring a new city, Airtags make it easy to track down your belongings and recover them in no time. In addition to providing added security, Airtags can also help to streamline your travel experience. Rather than frantically searching for your luggage at baggage claim or worrying about losing your passport, you can simply pull up the Airtags app on your phone and quickly locate all of your belongings.
This not only saves you time and hassle, but it also allows you to enjoy your travels with greater peace of mind. So if you’re planning a trip anytime soon, be sure to consider using Airtags to make your journey as stress-free and enjoyable as possible.
Apple Air Tags for Apple users or for those using Android devices Tile Mates bluetooth trackers are the business. Putting a tracking device like an Air Tag in your luggage can help reduce stress when travelling
Related: Why We Never Travel Without Airtags
Retractable USB Cables
Retractable USB cables are becoming increasingly popular as people seek more convenient and portable options for their electronic accessories. These retractable designs offer numerous benefits that make them an excellent choice for anyone who wants to make their life easier and more organized.
One of the main benefits of retractable USB cables is their compact size. They are designed to be small and portable, making them easy to carry around in your bag or pocket. This means you can take them wherever you go, whether travelling, commuting, or running errands.
Additionally, they are retractable and can be easily stored without taking up too much space. This is particularly useful for those who want to keep their workspace or home clutter-free. Overall, retractable USB cables are an excellent investment for anyone who wants to stay organized and efficient while on the go.
Waterproof Smartphone Case
When you are going on a cruise, one of the most important things to consider is protecting your tech, especially your smartphone. As much as we try to be careful, accidents happen, and when you’re on a ship, the risk of water damage is even higher. That’s why investing in a waterproof smartphone case is crucial for any cruise-goer.
A waterproof case protects your phone from accidental spills and splashes. It provides a sense of security, allowing you to take your phone to water-based activities such as swimming, snorkelling, and kayaking.
With a waterproof case, you don’t have to worry about leaving your phone behind in your cabin or risking damage by keeping it in your pocket. Instead, you can capture stunning photos and videos of your cruise experience, even underwater, without any stress or anxiety. So, if you’re planning a cruise, don’t forget to add a waterproof smartphone case to your packing list. It’s a small investment that can make a big difference in protecting your phone and capturing unforgettable memories.
The phone case can keep both water and sun out; you can also store your ID and cash in it.
- ✅ 2 Pack Universal size waterproof case dry bag, fits all smartphones up to 7 inches tall and 4 inches wide (Certain big screen phones need to remove protective case); Also can be protection for your ID, cash, credit cards, passport, key
- ✅ 100 feet/30 meters IPX8 Certified waterproof, perfect for pools, beach, cruise, ship, fishing, swimming, sailing, skiing, boating, kayaking, snorkeling, tubing, rafting, shower, sauna and other water park activities, keep your phone and wallet perfectly dry and safe
- ✅ Clear Window on both front and back sides, easy to operate the touch screen functions, perfect for taking pictures, videos and checking emails
- ✅ Each comes with a neck strap for convenient carrying, so you can fully dive into your adventures without worrying about your valuables being stolen
- ✅ Tips: 1. Please carry out a waterproof test on the product before using it. 2. Make sure it is sealed properly before use it in the water.
Bose Frames Sprano Audio Sunglasses
If you’re looking for a stylish and functional pair of sunglasses that can play your favourite tunes, look no further than the Bose Frames Soprano Audio Sunglasses. These sunglasses are more than just a fashion accessory – they’re a high-tech gadget that combines the benefits of sunglasses and earbuds into one sleek and stylish product.
One of the most significant benefits of the Bose Frames Soprano Audio Sunglasses is their sound quality. Thanks to the advanced Bose audio technology built into the frames, you can enjoy crystal-clear sound while out and about. Whether you’re walking the dog, running errands, or just lounging by the pool, these sunglasses will provide an immersive listening experience that will make your day more enjoyable. Plus, the fact that you don’t have to wear bulky headphones means you can enjoy your music without feeling weighed down or uncomfortable.
- Redesigned for luxury — Thoughtfully refined and strikingly elegant, the latest Bose sunglasses blend enhanced features and designs for an elevated way to listen
- Rectangular Bluetooth sunglasses — Finished in High-Gloss Black, Bose Frames Tenor style flaunts a refined square frame, a distinctive keyhole bridge, and ultramodern materials. Lens Width: 55 mm ; Bridge Width: 18 mm ; Temple Length: 155 mm ; Temple Width: 143 mm
- Bose Open Ear audio sunglasses — Hear lifelike audio while others hear practically nothing. It’s an experience that leaves you free to engage with the world, all while discreetly listening to music.
- Polarized lenses — These music sunglasses include shatter- and scratch-resistant polarized lenses to reduce glare, enhance visibility, and block 99% UVA/B rays. And you can add your prescription (Rx) to your Bose sunglasses anytime..Note:If you face issue in Bluetooth connectivity please turn off the Bluetooth function for a couple of minutes, then turn it back on
- Improved battery life — Rechargeable bluetooth sunglasses with up to 5.5 hours of continuous listening per charge. Bose music sunglasses fully charge in 1 hour.
Cruise Power Strip – non surge protected
f you’re planning a cruise, you must pack a Cruise Power Strip with No Surge Protection. While cruise ships have plenty of outlets available, they often don’t have enough to accommodate all of your electronics and gadgets.
With a Cruise Power Strip, you’ll have enough outlets to charge your phone, tablet, camera, and other devices. Because cruise ship power is generated differently, most cruise lines now ban devices with surge protection for safety reasons. Please read our full article to understand the reasons why.
So, make sure you pack a Cruise Power Strip with No Surge Protectors for your next cruise to ensure that all of your essential electronics are charged and safe.
- No Surge Protector & Without Extension Cord to be fully cruise ship compliant
- Approved for Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Norwegian & most lines' policies (NOT Disney)
- Three, 3-prong outlets and Two USB sockets for a total of Five  plugs at a time
- Mini size, Compact & Lightweight for easy Travel and Packing
- Guaranteed by Cruise On, your favorite Accessories brand with all of your Cruise Essentials
Power Bank – Charging Station
Going on a cruise can be a truly fantastic experience, but it can also be quite challenging to keep your devices charged. That’s where a power bank comes in handy. Here are some reasons to take a power bank on a cruise.
First, a power bank can help you stay connected with your loved ones. Whether you want to make a phone call, send a text message, or share photos on social media, having a reliable power source is essential. With a power bank, you can charge your phone or tablet on the go, without worrying about finding an electrical outlet. This is especially important if you plan on using your phone as a camera, as taking pictures and videos can quickly drain your battery. Therefore, a power bank is a must-have accessory for any cruise traveller who wants to stay connected with the outside world.
Second, a power bank can help you make the most out of your cruise experience. Many cruises offer a variety of activities and entertainment options, from live shows and concerts to water sports and excursions. If you want to capture these moments on camera or share them with your friends and family, you need a power source to keep up with your needs. A power bank can provide you with the extra juice you need to take as many photos and videos as you want without worrying about running out of battery. This way, you can enjoy your cruise to the fullest, knowing that you have a reliable power source at your fingertips.
Bluetooth Tripod Selfie Stick
Capturing the perfect selfie can be challenging, but it’s never been easier with a Bluetooth tripod selfie stick. This handy device allows you to take photos from various angles and distances, making it perfect for solo travellers or those who want to take group shots without asking strangers for help.
The Bluetooth feature also allows you to control the shutter remotely to snap the photo with a simple button press. Plus, with the added stability of the tripod, your photos will come out crisp and clear every time. So, whether you’re exploring a new city or just hanging out with friends, a Bluetooth tripod selfie stick is an essential accessory for anyone who loves taking photos.
- 【Selfie Stick Tripod】: Bluehorn*YUN TENG Joint brand Model. Wireless Remote Control. The range of the wireless connection can be up to 10 meters, making it as a tripod or selfie stick, compatible with such as iphone 15 14 13 12 11 pro max XS MAX 8 6 7 Plus Android Samsung Galaxy note 20 10 S10 S9 etc. The selfie stick body is made of Aluminum Alloy and the legs are made of highly tough ABS which will keep the tripod very strong and sturdy.
- 【EXTENDABLE & FOLDABLE】Extendable length from 8.1 inches to 40 inches so you can choose your desired length.Compact pocket size design, which is easy to carry. You can take it anywhere, making it as a tripod or selfie stick, perfect for travel, sports activities, camping, family gatherings and much more.
- 【Wireless remote shutter】wireless remote control shutter ,fast connecting speed and low engery cost,offer you a long time use.The range of the wireless connection can be up to 10 meters and widely compatible with most Android smart phones like All The 15 pro/15 pro max/14 pro/14 pro max/13/XR/XS/X/8/7/6 series Or Plus series, Samsung Galaxy series, etc.
- 【Notice】Becasue of cellphone system, only some Android devices can run the "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out" functions with the wireless remote control. Apple devices including iphone and ipad Do Not support zoom in/ out function.
- 【Service 】Please feel free to contact us if you have any problems,we will do our best to serve you.
Waterproof Smart Watch
One of the main reasons to invest in a waterproof smartwatch for a cruise is because it allows you to stay connected without worrying about your device getting ruined by water. Whether you’re lounging by the pool, enjoying a water sport, or simply exploring the beach, a waterproof smartwatch can keep you connected to your loved ones and any important alerts without having to constantly worry about your device getting wet.
Additionally, many waterproof smartwatches come with GPS tracking, which can be incredibly helpful when exploring new destinations and ensuring you don’t get lost.
Overall, a waterproof smartwatch is a must-have accessory for any cruise-goer. With its practical features and ability to withstand water damage, it can help you stay connected, organized, and prepared for any weather conditions that may come your way. So before you set sail, be sure to invest in a reliable waterproof smartwatch to make the most out of your cruise experience.
Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Just be careful! Do not use Bluetooth speakers if you plan to play music loudly from your balcony. Many regular cruise readers will agree on this one. There is nothing worse than having to listen to someone else’s music. Save that Bluetooth speaker for adding some low-level atmosphere to your cabin or adding to your day on the beach.
Cruise lines have begun to crack down on loud Bluetooth speakers, as they can be a safety concern if passengers cannot hear announcements over the loudspeaker. On top of that, it’s just lousy cruise etiquette to force everyone around you to listen to your style of music.
- ASTONISHING SOUND: Breathtaking stereo sound with deep bass is delivered with exceptional clarity and zero distortion by two high-sensitivity drivers and a patented bass port.
- 24H WORRY-FREE BATTERY LIFE: Anker's exclusive, long-life battery technology provides the Bluetooth speaker 24 hours of sublime music.
- WATERPROOF BUILD: IPX5-rated casing offers complete protection against liquids.
- EFFORTLESS CONNECTIVITY: Bluetooth 5.0 ensures instant pairing and maintains a strong connection up to 66 ft.
- Powerful Bass: This Bluetooth speaker has an in-house tuned digital signal processor that analyzes low frequencies to intensify the song’s bass in real-time.
When you embark on a cruise, one of the most exciting things is the opportunity to explore new and exotic destinations. However, communicating with the locals can be a major challenge if you don’t speak the local language. This is where a language translator comes in handy. With a gadget like this, you can easily converse with the locals, understand their culture, and make the most of your trip.
Apart from helping you communicate with the locals, a language translator can also help you quickly navigate the city. Whether you want to find a good restaurant, a tourist attraction, or a shopping area, you can rely on your translator to guide you in the right direction. This gadget can even help you negotiate prices with local vendors and avoid getting ripped off. In short, a language translator is essential for any cruise-goer who wants to make the most of their trip and immerse themselves in the local culture.
- "Say Goodbye to Language Barriers: Our 2023 updated language translator device is the most powerful on the market, with 99% real-time translation accuracy and support for 138 languages and accents. Communicate with anyone, anywhere in the world, and eliminate all communication barriers!"
- "Accurate Online and Offline Translation: Our translator uses 4 powerful search engines - Google, Microsoft, Nuance, and more - to provide online translation in 138 different languages and offline translation in 17 commonly used languages. Travel with ease, even without internet access"
- "HD Image Translation and Advanced Noise Reduction: Our translator supports photo translation in 40 languages and recognizes both printed and handwritten fonts. Advanced noise cancellation ensures accurate real-time speech recognition even in noisy environments."
- "Easy to Operate and Portable: Our 4-inch high-definition touch screen and ergonomic design make it easy to use and carry. No need to link any app program or SIM card."
- "Long-lasting Battery Life: Our 2000mAh battery provides up to 8-16 hours of continuous use and lasts up to a week on standby. Fully charge in just 1-2 hours. Perfect for travel, shopping, business meetings, learning foreign languages, and more"
Portable Wi-Fi Extender
The internet speed on cruise ships is getting better all the time. Thanks to companies like SpaceX Starlink providing fast service to many cruise lines today, you can enjoy speeds fast enough to stream movies, upload photos, and even do video calls. Watch out, though; it can be brutally expensive.
But Wi-Fi reliability can still be hit or miss. You might get super-fast speeds while in a port of call and then experience intermittent coverage while cruising on a sea day.
We have tried the Solis Skyroam in at least ten countries, and it worked fine. This is also a good solution for river cruises as you’re almost always connected to a mobile phone cell during your cruise.
One of these hotspots will let you access the internet when you’re off the ship. While in port, don’t rely on an unsecured Wi-Fi connection from a local coffee shop. Use your Wi-Fi hotspot if your cell phone provider doesn’t give you free data in that area.
Always check with your current mobile phone service provider first to see what they offer.
- Portable WiFi Hotspot for Travel: Experience seamless connectivity with the Solis Lite, your pocket-friendly companion that offers secure and reliable mobile WiFi hotspot coverage in over 135 countries. Ideal as a hotspot device for your global adventures or business trips.
- No-Contract Mobile Hotspot Device: Enjoy flexible data plans with the Solis Lite 4G portable WiFi hotspot no contract device. Choose from daily, monthly, or GB packages, allowing you hassle-free access to the internet without any bindings, making it a true portable WiFi solution.
- Power Bank Capability: Powered by a 4700 mAh battery, this portable WiFi device guarantees 16+ hours of uninterrupted connectivity and can also be used to charge your other devices while on the move. Perfectly sized as a portable WiFi box that fits right into your pocket, ensuring you remain connected wherever you travel.
- Multi-device Connectivity: Share your portable hotspot WiFi with up to 10 devices simultaneously. Whether for gaming or browsing, this hotspot router serves as an ultimate solution, promising a seamless connectivity experience for all your devices.
- Versatile and Powerful 4G LTE Router: Utilize the all-round features of this 4G LTE router that functions without a SIM card, tapping into multi-carrier networks for the fastest available signal, making it a must-have wifi puck for international and domestic travels.
Laptop Backpack with Built in Phone Charger
If you’re taking a laptop computer with you on your cruise, this anti-theft backpack is so helpful and convenient. We’ve used this backpack, which includes a built-in charger, and carried it on embarkation day. We also brought it on tours and used it to carry our gear, including a go-pro and other cruise tech accessories.
- Multi Compartiments Et Poches: Un Compartiment D'Ordinateur Portable Distinct Convient À 15,6 Pouces, 15 Pouces, 14 Pouces, 13 Pouces Laptop / Tablet / Macbook; Un Compartiment Principal Spacieux Convient Aux Livres, Vêtements Et Autres Nécessités Quotidiennes; Compartiment Avant Avec Un Porte-Clés Et De Nombreuses Poches De Séparation Pour Faciliter L'Organisation
- Pratique Et Sûr: Compartiment Principal Avec Fermeture À Glissière Verrouillable, Pratique Pour Verrouiller Vos Objets De Valeur. La Poche Anti-Vol Cachée Sur Le Dos Protège Vos Articles Des Voleurs
- Usb Port Design: Port De Chargeur Usb Externe Avec Câble De Chargement Intégré Offre Un Moyen Plus Pratique Et Plus Facile De Charger Votre Téléphone, Tablette Et Autre Appareil Électronique. Il Suffit De Connecter Votre Banque D'Alimentation Au Câble Interne, Puis Laissez Votre Câble De Charge Insérer Le Port Usb Pour Connecter Votre Appareil
- Matière Respirante Supérieure: Fait De Tissu Polyester Durable Avec Fermetures À Glissière En Métal Lisse. Maille Éponge Confortable Et Respirante Au Dos Et Aux Bretelles, Soulage Le Stress De L'Épaule Et Garde La Forme Pendant Longtemps
- Parfait Compagnon De Voyage: Un Bon Choix Sur La Route - La Ceinture À Bagages Vous Permet De Tirer La Valise D'Une Seule Main, Adaptée À L'École, Au Travail, Aux Affaires, Au Voyage, Au Camping, À La Randonnée Et À La Vie Quotidienne
Electronic Luggage Scale
The great thing about cruising is that you don’t have to worry about the weight of your suitcase when getting on the ship. But if your journey includes flying, you must ensure you are within the airline weight limits per bag. Knowing what your luggage weighs will help you understand what “extras ” you can take home and still be within the airline weight limits.
These handy electronic weighing scales are very accurate and take up little space in your carry on.
Even if you don’t plan on buying much on your cruise, you might be surprised at how all those little purchases add up in terms if weight.
With a luggage scale, you’ll be prepared on disembarkation day, so there aren’t any unwarranted surprises.
Waterproof Underwater Digital Camera
Go-Pro cameras are brilliant but if you can’t justify the expense, then this waterproof underwater camera is a good alternative for taking underwater photos and videos. At less than $100, just can’t go far wrong.
- 【4K UHD Waterproof Camera】 With a max 4K video resolution and 48MP photo resolution, this waterproof camera captures every moment with crisp detail and unparalleled clarity. Perfect for underwater snorkeling and cruising.
- 【Autofocus Underwater Camera】 This underwater camera has an autofocus function, half press the shutter to achieve focus, and the focus frame on the screen turns green, then fully press the shutter to take beautiful photos, beginners can also be handy.
- 【11FT Waterproof Digital Camera】 This waterproof digital camera is equipped with a high-voltage high-capacity battery of 1250mAh, which can work underwater for 70 minutes at 11FT each time. No need to worry about running out of power, free to explore underwater for fun.
- 【Selfie Dual-Screen Digital Camera】 This digital camera is a dual front and rear screen design, you can take pictures with all your partners in the same frame. It is also very light, portable, and easy to use. Perfect for kids at family gatherings, water parks, and vacations.
- 【Warm Tips】 This camera supports micro SD card up to 128GB（INCLUDE 32GB CARD）. The battery compartment is sealed tight to be waterproof, one hand presses the cover lock, and another hand pushes out the battery cover meanwhile to open the battery door!
BONUS : Best Selling Cruise Tech and Accessories
Magnetic hooks – A really simple thing but a real boon for cruisers. Cruise stateroom/cabin walls are made of metal, and this is why magnetic hooks are a popular cruise accessory and are used by savvy cruisers to add extra hooks and storage to your stateroom.
Packing cubes – Always the first thing we get out when packing for a cruise. They just make cruise packing so much easier and can be used for storage once in your cabin.
Reusable luggage tags– Gone are the days when cruise lines provided lovely luggage tags with your tickets. Nowadays the best you can expect is a printed paper tag or a request for you tp print them yourself. We always like to have our own luggage tags so we can easily recognise our bags and stop others from mistakenly taking our bags.
Simply slip the printed luggage tags (from your cruise line) into your new luggage tags. Make sure to check this link to find the tags for your specific cruise line.
Seasickness Medication – It’s always a good ideas to be prepared for bad weather so make sure you take your favourite non-drowsy motion sickness medication.
We hope you found this post interesting and that some of these cruise tech items will spark your imagination. if you are going on a cruise some of these cruise tech items and accessories will actually make your If you’re going on a cruise, some of these cool travel gadgets and cruise accessories will even make some your cruise more enjoyable.
Have we missed anything? Let us know your favorite cruise tech that you take on a cruise.
Last update on 2023-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API